1. Mild/moderate reaction
1) Calm and reassure the person.
2) Indentify the allergen: Avoid further contact, or remove it (insect stinger).
3) Apply cool compresses or calamine to itchy areas.
4) Observe the person for signs/symptoms of increased distress.
5)Obtain or refer for medical assistance.
1) Check the person’s airway; if compromised, seek medical assistance; begin rescue breathing and cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
2) Calm and reassure the person.
3) Assist the person to ingest or inject emergency allergy medication if they have one; do not use an oral medication if the person has breathing difficulty.
4) Position the person to prevent shock.